Join the Team/Job Postings
The Technology Coordinator will need to be an eager and responsive individual for their coordinating tasks that relate to studio technology. Reporting directly to the Technology Supervisor, you'll play a significant role in the development of new applications for our shows, deployment of software and hardware, and training of our crew. You will concentrate on the administrative needs of our department, coordinate tasks across departments and shows, organize meetings, track progress of various projects, and assist in creating presentation material. Candidates can expect to gain experience in managing software development, grow their general technical knowledge base, animation production workflows, and develop time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities (Systems & Dev):
- Tracking tasks assigned to Engineers
- Generating Progress Reports and other presentation material
- Schedule meetings, and book conference rooms
- Following up on purchase requests
- Coordinating with shows on various deployment tasks
- Attend department meetings and take notes.
- Special projects as needed.
- Great organizational and communication skills are a must.
- Must work well with others and be flexible dealing with multiple personality types.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google G-Suite, and Project Management is desired
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Must be willing to take and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and set appropriate priorities.
- Trustworthy and able to maintain a high level of discretion.
- Must have past experience demonstrating skills listed above.
- Bachelor degree in either Animation, Project Management, or Technology preferred
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the email subject line.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Experienced Layout Artist
- Layout Artist
- Lighting Technical Directors
- Software Engineer (for Web development)
- Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
- Texture Painter
- Matte Painter
- Houdini FX Technical Directors
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- SHADER WRITER
- iCAD Apprentice - Character FX Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Lighting Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Houdini FX Artists
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned