Join the Team/Job Postings
Creates digital foreground, mid-ground and/or background matte paintings that meet creative direction for VFX and Feature Animation productions. Works with live action footage, digital still photography, concept art, rendered computer graphic elements and digital paint elements to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into scenes. Troubleshoots background components. Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets. Able to create multiple types of matte paintings from simple to moderately difficult. Candidate is accountable for meeting schedules and show deadlines, participates in dailies, rounds and team reviews of work in progress. Interact with production, supervisors and team/ peers in order to problem solve and share information related to show/ assigned tasks. Must be able to decipher as well as follow through on shot turnovers, dailies, briefings/ notes and feedback. Successful candidates should be able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently to determine the various design solutions.
Knowledge of applicable software packages including and/or Cinema 4D & Photoshop. Linux and scripting ability in relevant languages including MEL, Perl and Python a plus. Minimum requirement of 2+ years feature film experience preferred.
To apply, please send resume and on-line link to your reel to: email@example.com
- HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR
- PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned