Join the Team/Job Postings
Editorial Systems Engineer (YVR)
Job Description: Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada, an industry leading Visual Effects and Animation studio located in Vancouver, is seeking an Editorial Systems Engineer. The job demands astute and critical thinking coupled with systems engineering skills to develop solutions for a unique industry combining high performance computing with digital artistry and storytelling. You will participate in projects utilizing new technologies in the areas of large-scale systems administration and engineering including building, configuring, installing, deploying and supporting workstations, servers and storage systems. We are building a high performance global digital workflow for visual effects and animation production and this is a great opportunity to work on technically challenging projects in a very creative work environment comprised of talented engineers and artists.
Primary responsibilities for this position include: - Administration of Avid editorial systems and associated hardware - Image and support Avid Edit systems, servers and storage - Knowledge of Avid Media Composer, Interplay and ISIS - Configuration management - Color calibration of desktop monitors and theatre projectors - Engineering and support of production viewing and audio equipment - Provide 2nd tier helpdesk support - Macintosh systems administration - Scripting and light programming - Participation in a range of systems and infrastructure related projects - Technical problem solving and troubleshooting of issues found in large production environments - On-call 24x7 technical support
Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a technical background in Avid systems administration and engineering, with a knowledge of video and audio systems and workflows found in post production environs. Project requirements are often dynamic and extremely fast paced and the ideal candidate is someone who can easily step out of their comfort zone and handle tasks beyond the scope of their expertise and responsibility. Versatility, resourcefulness, and adaptability are key characteristics to possess for this job.
- College degree or equivalent post-high school education or experience. - Computer Science background preferred but not required - Knowledge and production experience in a Video Editorial environment - Prior experience working with sound editing and mixing systems a plus - Prior production experience a plus
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Editorial Systems Engineer (YVR)
- Art Director
- Digital Trainer
- Principal Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FACIAL RIGGING
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- FX SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- SYSTEMS ENGINEER (YVR)
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned