Join the Team/Job Postings
PEOPLE & ORGANIZATION (HR) MANAGER
Sony Pictures Digital Productions (SPDP) is the digital production arm of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). There are seven main businesses within Sony Pictures Digital Productions: Sony Pictures Animation, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Colorworks, Sony Pictures Post Production Services, Worldwide Product Fulfillment, Production Services and Asset Management.
We are looking for a People & Organization (P&O) Associate Business Partner to join the SPDP Vancouver P&O team. Reporting into the Director, the position will function as an HR generalist and support the day-to-day operations of Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada. He/she will be an integral contributor in defining and implementing HR strategy that aligns and integrates with the business strategy of SPDP. Ideal candidate will be an assertive, energetic, self-motivated professional who is results-oriented to partner closely with their assigned clients.
- Business Partner to Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada client group.
- Execute initiatives and programs to better align People & Organization strategy with the business objectives of designated client business units.
- Maintain effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid range plans, its culture and its competition
- Manage employee inquires on P&O policies and procedures, benefits, payroll issues, and general issues
- Facilitate and track immigration and relocation issues. Manage and maintain the integrity of all files
- Help manage potential CRA & Immigration audit requirements
- Oversee maintenance and integrity of HRIS records and run standard reports as requested
- Monitor key dates for employees on LOA and contract action dates
- May assist with resolving employee relations issues. May be asked to conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department and Employee Investigations as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Provide tactical delivery of People & Organization services/provide support in the following areas:
* Contract management
* Employee relations
* Workforce analytics
* Program implementation
- Accomplished HR generalist with at least 2-3 years of experience in performance management, organizational development, and employee relations
- Recognized as an exceptional listener, problem solver, communicator, change agent, coach and strategic partner
- Reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment and common sense
- Action and results-oriented with high level of accountability
- Proven operational executor who knows how to implement and deliver programs to achieve the expected results
- Proven ability to work independently and with little guidance to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated track record of anticipating client needs and making recommendations for viable solutions
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, benefits communications and People & Organization information systems.
- BC Employment and Human Rights Legislation
- Financial basics relevant to effective People & Organization business partnering
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILL SET:
- 4-6 years of human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course work / certification is required
- Excellent consulting skills- ability to influence and persuade through business rationale
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resilience, flexibility, tenacity
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to: SPE_JobPostings@spe.sony.com with the job title in the email subject line.
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- PEOPLE & ORGANIZATION (HR) MANAGER
- DIGITAL PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT FINANCE - SONY PICTURES DIGITAL PRODUCTIONS
- SHADER WRITER
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- TEXTURE AND MATTE PAINTING ENGINEER
- FX SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- GRAPHICS SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - NUKE PIPELINE
- Production Tracking Developer
- Senior Software Engineer:
- SYSTEMS ENGINEER (YVR)
- SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR
- PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned