Join the Team/Job Postings
SYSTEMS ENGINEER ASSOCIATE
Sony Pictures Imageworks, an industry leading Visual Effects and Animation studio located in Culver City, CA, is seeking an Associate Systems Engineer. The job demands astute and critical thinking coupled with basic Mac/PC/Linux systems administration to support solutions in a unique industry that combines high performance computing with digital artistry and storytelling. You will support projects involving high performance computing technologies in the areas of large-scale systems administration and engineering including building, installing, deploying and supporting end-user laptops and workstations.
We are building a high performance global digital workflow for visual effects and animation production and this is a great opportunity to work on technically challenging projects in a very creative work environment of talented engineers and artists.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Build and deploy hardware and software systems as necessary
- Remote administration using Apple and Windows Remote Desktop
- Imaging of Windows and Mac desktop and laptop systems
- Setup and configuration of new users
- Deployment of keyboards, mice, monitors, PCoIP portals and workstations
- Responsible for workstation and user moves within the facility
- Answer helpdesk phone and provide phone support
- Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to all users of the systems developed above
- Mac OSX and Windows 7/8 Administration (ftp, printer setup, software installation, user account creation, etc)
- Assisting users with and configuration of Enterprise Google Apps Suite
- Basic troubleshooting of issues often found in large-scale networked Unix environments
- On-call 24x7 technical support
Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a technical background in systems administration and engineering, preferably with a focus on PC/Mac/Linux operating systems. Project requirements are often dynamic and extremely fast paced and the ideal candidate is someone who can easily step out of their comfort zone and handle tasks beyond the scope of their expertise and responsibility. Versatility, resourcefulness, and adaptability are key characteristics to possess for this job.
- College degree or equivalent post-high school education or experience.
- Computer Science background preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of PC/Mac/Linux related experience.
- Ability to configure workstation/server network interfaces.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, system administration.
- Familiarity with Autodesk and Adobe products desired.
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Texture Painter
- Software Engineer - Texture and Matte Painting
- Matte Painter
- Houdini FX Technical Directors
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned