Join the Team/Job Postings
Sony Pictures Imageworks is expanding! We are experiencing rapid growth in our Vancouver office as we move into our brand new state of the art facility. At Imageworks we create groundbreaking visual effects and animation for motion pictures. We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Infrastructure Software Engineer to join the team at Imageworks Canada.
The technical production manager is responsible for managing technology development projects within the Development Group, across multiple shows, and in conjunction with other business units. The position must partner with producers, VFX supervisors, CG supervisors, departments heads, engineers, and artists to define technology and workflow requirements to meet the needs of productions and facility initiatives. The technical production manager must effectively communicate between teams in a rapidly changing production environment.
What you’ll be doing:
If you are the person who can successfully explain to grandma how to use “the interwebs”, we are looking for you. We need someone technically savvy with good communication skills to act as a liaison between our group of intensely focused software engineers and our driven time sensitive film productions. Your job will be to ensure that the code we write is what our productions need, is delivered on time, and is a benefit to the facility in the long run. You will need to have, or develop a strong understanding of production workflow and be able to prioritize and delegate tasks where appropriate to achieve the best results in the shortest time step.
Our ideal candidate comes from a visual effects or animation production background having worked as a resource manager or production manager, and has a curious mind with a technical bent. Specific areas we are interested in your prior experience with are managing cueing systems, review workflows and production tracking.
- Working in conjunction with Pipeline Architects and Supervisors to evaluate prospective projects for benefits to production and facility.
- Plan solutions to increase efficiency and productivity across the pipeline and within departments.
- Facilitate clear communication with productions and technical departments to generate milestones and schedules.
- Manage day-to-day tasks of Dev Group supervisors and software engineers to drive approved projects to successful completion.
- In cooperation with town council leads, schedule and facilitate town councils and prioritization of development for respective area of the pipeline.
- Partner with technology groups to structure, plan, and execute the required work to bring the studio's pipeline into alignment with strategic technology goals.
- Discover opportunities to optimize and enhance artist’s interactions with the pipeline and production resources.
- Keep up-to-date on current industry technologies and techniques
- Be involved in outside discussions with 3rd party vendors as these discussions relate to pipeline initiatives
- 3-5 years in the production of Visual effects and/or Animation as a Digital Production manager or Resource manager.
- Practical experience configuring and managing production workflow, with cueing systems, review systems, and production tracking software.
- Proactive approach to management with a genuine desire to solve problems
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Experience balancing the short term needs of production with the long term stability of an enterprise codebase and pipeline.
- Be sort of a nerd. Get excited about technology and innovation.
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com .
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- VFX EDITOR (Vancouver)
- Senior Digital Production Accountant Finance
- Associate Digital Production Accountant Finance
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- COLOR SCIENTIST
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FACIAL RIGGING
- TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
- SHADER WRITER
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- FX SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- SYSTEMS ENGINEER (YVR)
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned