Join the Team/Job Postings
PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada seeks qualified candidates to join its Systems Engineering department as a Principal Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for first- and second-level support of 1,000+ users in a dynamic, high-performance production environment.
The Principal Systems Engineer will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Designs, develops and enhances the hardware and software configuration of the organization's production and editing systems.
- Designs software applications and tools to meet technical and creative requirements.
- Enhances or develops new technologies / techniques taking into account total system needs.
- Deploys new system features or functionality without interruption to production schedules.
- May direct the technical efforts of a project team during development and deployment.
- Participates with management in evaluating systems and applications and in developing systems standards.
- Accountable for designing and delivering state of the art production and editing systems technologies to the organization that create competitive advantage.
- Implements activities that impact the critical directions of the production. Typically assigned to the most critical and strategic / complex / high risk undertakings.
- Recognized internally and externally as an expert in the field.
- Addresses design issues in a one to three year horizon.
- Develops industry-leading functionality for production and editing systems.
- Typically uses C++ and UNIX programming and scripting languages.
- Interacts with a wide range of audiences to "evangelize" new ideas / technologies / solutions to gain acceptance.
Assignment of Work
- Receives work in the form of objectives that regularly require the use of innovation.
- Guides and mentors a wide range of audiences.
- May lead teams / projects.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively communicate in a wide variety of contexts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform as an individual and on a team.
- Proven leadership and technical skills within a sophisticated IT infrastructure organization.
- Extensive experience with heterogeneous operating systems and computing/networking environments: Linux, Windows XP, Mac OS X.
- Experience with advanced networking media, protocols and topologies.
- Experience with Helpdesk and Inventory software.
- Experience working in the CG feature animation and visual effects industry.
- Work is subject to committee review at major milestones.
- Operates within the context of strategic objectives.
- Typically has 15 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
To apply, please send resume and on-line link to your reel to: email@example.com
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- DIGITAL PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT FINANCE - SONY PICTURES DIGITAL PRODUCTIONS
- SHADER WRITER
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- TEXTURE AND MATTE PAINTING ENGINEER
- FX SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- GRAPHICS SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - NUKE PIPELINE
- Production Tracking Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- SYSTEMS ENGINEER (YVR)
- SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR
- PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned