Join the Team/Job Postings
ASSOCIATE DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Vancouver)
The Associate Department Manager works under the supervision of DM’s. Responsibilities include up to date operation and maintenance of the crewing database. Tracks artists daily crewing releases and assignments, may sometimes suggest alternatives for crewing artists. Assists DM’s to manage artists training, transitions, and AWM. Assist DM’s in tracking review deadlines for upcoming contract expirations and renewals. Works closely with Recruiting when on boarding new artists. Manages artists’ operational needs. Works closely with the technology group to evolve crewing database and suggest action plans as we develop our flexible growth initiatives.
- Works with DM’s to implement plans for headcount increases and decreases within their assigned department.
- Assist with artist roll off plans at the end of production
- Maintain 100+ crewing assignments in alignment with artist, facility and production
- Assist the scheduling for 100+ contract expirations, option pick ups, and meetings for DM’s
ARTIST DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING FOR JUNIOR ARTISTS:
- Assist with performance reviews and schedule performance meetings for DMs
- Update weekly crewing documents
- Assist with paperwork for show hires, deal extensions, terminations and follow up with P&O
CROSS FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION:
- Interact and build successful relationships with key internal stakeholders (Show teams, Recruiting, Training, People & Organization and others as required)
- 5+ Years with at least 2 years of management experience. Must have experience in CG Animation or Visual Effects studio.
- Must have working knowledge of artist roles within CG Animated and Visual Effects studio
- Must have working knowledge of timeline of crewing of CG Animated and Visual Effects productions.
- Experience with facilitating a large group of artists
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with clear attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with crewing databases required.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Developing and encouraging collaborative partnerships across departments
- Proven track record of being able to work and communicate effectively with artists
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the email subject line.
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- ASSOCIATE DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Vancouver)
- VFX EDITOR (Vancouver)
- SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- DIGITAL PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT FINANCE - SONY PICTURES DIGITAL PRODUCTIONS
- SHADER WRITER
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- TEXTURE AND MATTE PAINTING ENGINEER
- FX SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- GRAPHICS SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - NUKE PIPELINE
- Production Tracking Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- SYSTEMS ENGINEER (YVR)
- SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR
- PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UNIX)
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned