Thank you to everyone that applied this year, our application process is now closed for 2023, please check back here for our 2024 opportunity.
Thank you for the tremendous interest in the internship program this year. Candidates will be notified by the end of April or sooner (by e-mail). Selection will be determined by the Sony Pictures iCAD Committee.
What’s it all about?
The internship program is designed to benefit recent graduates and current students. Ideally it is suited for new CG content creators striving to attain their artistic goals and help assist those who are still trying to figure out what they want to do. Interns should be "sponges" during their time with us, seeking out every opportunity to learn and take advantage of the fully engaged feature production facility at Sony Pictures Imageworks. They should be open-minded, good listeners, and proactive.
The summer program provides an opportunity to work with fellow interns while being mentored by seasoned Imageworks' artists. During your time, you will work with others and concurrently build your own artistic and/or technical skills. For the first few weeks of the internship you will go through the same training a newly hired artist is put through. You will then proceed to work through pre-arranged exercises in the areas of interest. We encourage you to keep an open mind to all the possible career choices on the shot pipeline by providing various speakers, events, and opportunities for you to experience.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for the best of the best!
If you have a passion for film and digital content creation, and are looking for the right whetstone to polish your abilities, we are looking for you.
This opportunity is currently open to students in their third year of study or returning to study at the prior attended school. Recent graduates will also be considered but may find more success in one of our apprenticeship programs, if offered concurrently.
We encourage all top students in their programs of study to apply with us.
What are the Benefits?
- You will be given the opportunity to learn from our outstanding training team and work alongside our subject matter experts on current workflows and methodologies.
- You can participate in everything that we enjoy, such as company-wide free screenings, lectures and workshops, ongoing artist development classes and of course our amazing snack cabinets.
- Learn all of the varied disciplines involved with the creation of a live action or CG animated feature film.
- Get paid to learn from the best.
How do you Apply?
We really want to see you here at Sony Pictures Imageworks so please pay close attention to the following criteria, ignoring or not submitting any of the materials will result in your automatic exclusion from consideration, and we don’t want that.
- While this is a paid internship, individuals must provide for their own expenses, including housing and transportation.
- Interns must be eligible to work in Canada for Sony Pictures Imageworks and we will require you to provide supporting documentation that confirms your eligibility for the duration of the internship.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in computer animation, digital arts, computer science or related field.
- Submission must solely be the work of the applicant.
- NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. All inquiries and questions should be directed to: ICAD-INTERNSHIPS@IMAGEWORKS.COM
PREPARE MATERIALS IN ACCORDANCE WITH GUIDELINES
Include your education please. Keep it to a single page and only include relevant experience.
B. URL/Website of your Reel/Portfolio.
By submitting material, you agree that any materials may be used wholly or in part as promotional material, in public relations material or in any other manner.
*Interns that require a visa and/or work permit to work in Canada are responsible for obtaining them at their own expense. Programs vary by country, please refer to the applicable government website, or work with an immigration advisor to confirm what programs/permits may be available. Please also note that Sony Pictures Imageworks is unable to sponsor Labour Market Impact Assessment (“LMIA”) for intern level positions.
Before you apply…
Have a look through the following links should they apply to you. If you currently do not have a valid Visa/Work permit for Canada, look at the Sony-IEC link below, pay specifics attention to page 2 where it outlines countries of eligibility. It is a handy step by step process. For our American friends you can check out the Sony-SWAP link which will give you some guidance through the process.
Also check out the Reel Advice link, where you will find some tips on how to make your reel stand out.
Understand that this is the most recent information that we can give you and that we cannot act on your behalf or assist you further than these links.
We also recommend that everyone has a look through the “Canadian Guidelines” Document so that you have a better understanding of what to expect.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.