What You’ll Be Doing:
The position requires strong software development skills, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to design high quality, robust, and easy to maintain code and tools. The engineer is primarily responsible for development and implementation of production and studio lighting tools under the guidance of a departmental lead. This position requires collaboration with other engineering staff, project managers, and production artists to develop and implement innovative studio capabilities.
- Experience programming in C/C++ and python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Ability to design and implement systems in a complex library
- Experience with industry lighting tools, like Katana
- Knowledge of user interface design and standard UI toolkits, specifically QT/PyQT
- Proven ability to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of large-scale digital production for Animation and Visual Effects
- Understanding of computer graphics concepts and plugin development for DCC platforms
- Understanding of file formats and data representations used in Animation and Visual Effects
- (3-5 or 5-7) years of experience creating libraries, custom plug-ins and UI tools for Animation or Visual Effects with a focus on lighting tools.
If you are interested in things like:
- Writing tools and Katana plugins for the lookdev and lighting of enormous environments and characters
- Integrating your solutions with the FX, Shading, Rendering, or Comp engineering teams
- Core technology growth in our Katana lighting tool, working closely with The Foundry’s Katana engineers
- Reducing the time to first pixel as well as finding efficiencies through more streamlined toolsets
- Working directly with artists to discover solutions that generate amazing images for feature films and which streamline their workflows.
- Ongoing contributions to open source projects like OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, OSL, Alembic, and more.
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org