This role is responsible for all animation and visual effects budgets and cost reports for Sony Pictures Imageworks. Position supports motion picture and alternative animated and visual effects content. Cross functional interaction is required to provide insight and guidance to productions, studio operations, business affairs and producers. A thorough understanding of the animation and visual effects pipeline is necessary to provide advice on progress and performance for each project at Sony Pictures Imageworks.
- Manage weekly cost reporting and productivity tools for all animated and VFX titles.
- Analyze and track progress of each phase of production and provide insight into potential areas of risk and opportunity.
- Provide project timelines with cash requirements for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Provide animated and VFX productions with workflow and staffing requirements to ensure inventory throughput lines up with story turnover expectations.
- Review, analyze and advise on all VFX and animation bids.
- Partner with business affairs and creative executives to structure development and production deals.
- Manage all proprietary excel workbooks for cost reporting, quota management and additional ad-hoc project status reporting.
- B.A./B.S. Finance/Accounting degree
- MBA preferred
- 6+ years - production accounting experience (Animation/VFX preferred)
- Advanced Excel Skills required, SAP knowledge a plus
- An understanding of Canadian tax incentive programs is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and forecasting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work and remain detail oriented
- Deep understanding of production animation and VFX cycles
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org