What You’ll be doing:
The Principal Engineer is responsible for all aspects of our proprietary rendering software. You will oversee a growing team of rendering engineers and work closely with other principals to decide the overall direction of Imageworks technology. Additionally, you will play an important role in our ongoing collaborations with the Sony Pictures Technology teams.
Every film provides great challenge and opportunity for pushing boundaries of our rendering toolset. Your contributions will advance live action and feature animated projects to be seen the world over.
Working with other top-notch rendering engineers at Imageworks, you’ll each grow and stretch the state of the art in rendering. Films are always ramping up which provides you an ever changing problem set that will keep you alert to new solutions. Connecting with award winning CG and VFX supervisors, you can help set the stage for creating the next generation of physically correct rendering. You can also contribute to other disciplines within the software group, according to your strengths and interests.
- Proficient in C++
- Knowledge of modern CPU and GPU architectures
- Fluent with Monte Carlo integration techniques and the latest light transport research
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code
- Penchant for solving real world rendering scenarios
- Excellent communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams
- Proven Leadership
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / Linux
- Experience writing high-performance multi-threaded code leveraging SIMD
- Experience writing code for the GPU (particularly with CUDA)
- Experience developing for games a plus
Some of the types of tasks associated with our group include:
- Evolving a mature production path tracer to use the GPU
- Researching and implementing new sampling techniques
- Enabling “always-on” rendering workflows across departments
- Contributing to open source projects like OpenImageIO and OSL
Those with a penchant for assessing artist workflow limitations, and the aptitude to implement a cohesive solution, are encouraged to apply.
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.