About the Job
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada seeks a qualified candidate to join its Systems Engineering department as the Project Manager. Systems is responsible for first, second and third level support of 1,000+ users in a dynamic, high-performance production environment.
Reporting to the Head of Systems Engineering.
- Responsible for the management and daily operations of a heterogeneous technical computing environment.
- Formulation and implementation of system policies in compliance with directives from senior management including the Head of Systems Engineering
- Oversee and coordinate the daily project activities of the Unix, Mac & Windows systems administration, Helpdesk administrators, Network Operations Center administrators and other various systems engineers; including trouble ticket management, escalations from Helpdesk, Desktop support teams and project management.
- Participate in managerial activities; including performance appraisals, scheduling and hiring.
- Facilitate guidance and technical assistance to all Unix, Mac, Windows, Network and NOC administrators/engineers in the Systems Administration and User Support group.
- Report on SLA compliance and other key IT performance metrics to senior management.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Systems Administration and User Support group.
- Collaborate with other teams on other all system and end user project matters.
- Run the daily engineering scrums.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively communicate in a wide variety of contexts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform as an individual and on a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks for individuals working as a distributed team.
- Proven leadership and technical skills in a sophisticated IT infrastructure organization.
- Extensive experience with heterogeneous operating systems and computing/networking environments: Linux, Windows XP, Mac OS.
- Experience implementing project management best practices and fundamentals.
- Experience with project management software.
- 7+ years of Systems Engineering & Administration experience at a large-scale UNIX site.
- 5+ years of managerial experience in an information technology production environment.
- 2+ with LAN/WAN technologies.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
- Experience with the following operating systems: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X.
- Experience managing large-scale projects.
- Proven experience with appropriate programming languages and shells.
- Familiarity with the CG feature animation and visual effects industry.
To apply, please send resume and CV to: email@example.com