We are looking for a passionate Engineer for support and development of our asset and shot pipelines. The ideal candidate is a strong coder, investigator and communicator who is looking to collaborate on projects of varying size with an emphasis on meeting the needs of productions with time-sensitive deadlines.
Candidates must have strong technical chops and enjoy collaboration with other engineers and users. They must be at ease working with little supervision and/or with a Lead Engineer in an environment where production demands can shift priorities more quickly than some traditional software environments.
- Review incoming issues from shows, departments and helpdesk tickets
- Support & develop frontend pipeline plugins, tools & systems
- Improve efficiency of the Dev team
- Work with in-house users, pipeline teams, senior engineers, leads & architect to:
- Tirage issues, collect information to try and get to the source of the problem
- Recreate issues/bugs
- Resolve issues, bugs and work on new features requests.
- Help with understanding of user workflows
- Analyze common and chronic issues and evaluate solutions with users
- Access needs, propose recommendations for improvements and produce elegant solutions
- Test new updates with testers before they are pushed onto shows
- Create and maintain user documentation and team documentation.
- Help with Testing, Code review and Quality analysis
- Experience with supporting and developing pipeline tools
- Experience with Python and PyQt/PySide.
- Experience with Maya API and Maya plugins
- Experience working with Linux operating systems is a must.
- Optional experience with C++ is a plus
- Good with problem solving skills and ability to break down problems to isolate the cause.
- Experience with test-driven development workflows.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent in working with others in a Team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar education is preferred.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org