The Infrastructure Engineer will be designing and delivering new workflows for software development and deployment to production from the ground up, and will work closely with our Software Architects and Leads, Head of CG, and Directors of Systems Engineering. The Infrastructure Engineer will be instrumental to how we evolve our methods for building and releasing software that enables the work of Storytellers, Traditional and Technical Artists, Producers and Directors. Our ideal candidate thrives in the world of building 3rd party, bespoke, and open source applications and libraries, automating tasks aimed at making software developers more efficient, and becoming the bridge between Systems and Software with a focus on delivering stable, scalable solutions for our diverse group of end users.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Vancouver, Canada. The position requires expertise in deployment and automation tools, strong software development skills, and an ability to work closely with our three engineering departments: Software Development, Systems, and Production Services and Resources.
- Managed software configurations as scalable solutions
- Experienced in building and maintaining Python software
- Proven software life-cycle management experience
- Comfortable with standard python packaging and installation toolchain
- Experience with containers (Docker, etc)
- An understanding of Git and effective Git workflows
- One or More of the Following:
- FUSE filesystems
- Creating software packages (RPM, Pip, Conda, etc)
- An understanding of how package managers work
- Deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Deploying and maintaining applications in Kubernetes
- An understanding of container runtime and isolation technologies
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines such as Gitlab CI or Jenkins
- Experience with build systems and native compilers (CMake, Make, GCC)
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of cloud computing space, specifically Azure
- An understanding of VFX and animation pipelines
- 2+ years of experience in an Infrastructure, Software, or related engineering position
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.