Sony Pictures Imageworks is seeking an Artist Manager for our Vancouver studio. This role reports into the Vice President of Artist Management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, coach and mentor Artists
- Work with Production and Recruitment to schedule existing and new hires into appropriate roles and establish longer term recruitment needs
- Managing artist reviews, artist training and project scheduling to help develop and nurture career growth of the artists
- Coordinate project performance reviews in collaboration with Supervisors and Leads
- Coordinate project/yearly rate increases and when applicable, promotions
- Work with Sr Staff and HR on talent management strategies and processes
- Conduct department meetings per discipline
- Represent artists at in regard to productions and talent development
- Delegate tasks and mentor Associate Artist Managers
- Flexible taking on new tasks in this ever-changing environment
To be successful in this role, the following is required of all candidates:
- At least five years’ experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry
- At least 2 years’ experience as an artist manager
- Experience in a large global studio
- Experience in recruitment, hiring and crewing artists
- Extensive experience in managing, coaching, developing and mentoring a large number (100+) of direct reports
- Knowledge and experience in managing, employee contract renewals, compensation review process, salary negotiations, promotions and resource planning.
- Experience in working closely with executive teams and HR teams
- Experience in developing talent management strategies and process improvements.
- Well-developed inter-personal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments, levels, and personalities
- Experience in dealing with group dynamics and conflict resolution
If interested, please apply with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.