What You’ll Be Doing:
We have an opportunity to join a group tasked with designing and implementing a USD pipeline to deliver assets and workflows for our Visual Effects and CG Feature Animation projects.
The position requires strong software development skills, expertise in C++ and Python, and the ability to design high quality, robust, and easy to maintain code and tools. The engineer is primarily responsible for development and implementation of a USD pipeline. The ideal candidate is a technical expert in software development for visual effects or feature animation pipelines. To fit into this role, candidates must excel at multitasking in a highly dynamic environment and capable of working closely with software architects and domain experts across the facility.
As a senior engineer, you will be making improvements to USD itself, as needed, and contributing them back to the USD Open Source project. Mentoring team members and participating in projects that span multiple disciplines along the pipeline is expected of this role. In addition to making significant contributions to the design of a world-class USD pipeline, the senior engineer will be expected to operate with a level of autonomy to take ideas from design to implementation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of USD and other open source projects (OpenImageIO, Hydra)
- Experience with the APIs for oth third-party geometry formats: Alembic, FBX, VDB
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ and python
- Proven experience in a graphics pipeline development role
- Knowledge of user interface design and standard UI toolkits, specifically QT/PyQT
- Proven ability to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Hydra delegates
- Experience with major DCCs, like: Maya, Mari, Substance, Houdini, and Katana
- Understanding of real-time game engines, like Unreal Engine and Unity
- Knowledge of UI development and rapid prototyping for POC and idea generation
- Highly detailed and organized in work practices
- Penchant for optimization and improvement
- Great team player in a highly fluid environment
- Experienced with UNIX/Linux
- Demonstrated implementation of large-scale pipeline and asset management systems
- Experience working directly with DevOps team to customize software builds
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.