Sony Pictures Imageworks, an industry leading Visual Effects and Animation studio located in Vancouver British Columbia, is seeking an Associate Systems Engineer. The job demands astute and critical thinking coupled with basic systems administration to support solutions in a unique industry that combines high performance computing with digital artistry and storytelling. You will support projects involving high performance computing technologies in the areas of large-scale systems administration and engineering including building, installing, deploying and supporting end-user laptops and workstations.
We are building a high performance global digital workflow for visual effects and animation production and this is a great opportunity to work on technically challenging projects in a very creative work environment of talented engineers and artists.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Build and deploy hardware and software systems as necessary
- Remote administration using Apple and Windows Remote Desktop
- Imaging of Windows and Mac desktop and laptop systems
- Setup and configuration of new users
- Deployment of keyboards, mice, monitors, PCoIP portals and workstations
- Responsible for workstation and user moves within the facility
- Answer helpdesk phone and provide phone support
- Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to all users of the systems developed above
- Mac OSX and Windows administration
- Assisting users with and configuration of Enterprise Google Apps Suite
- Basic troubleshooting of issues often found in large-scale networked Unix environments
Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a technical background in systems administration and engineering, preferably with a focus on Linux/Mac/Win operating systems. Project requirements are often dynamic and extremely fast paced and the ideal candidate is someone who can easily step out of their comfort zone and handle tasks beyond the scope of their expertise and responsibility. Versatility, resourcefulness, and adaptability are key characteristics to possess for this job.
- College degree or equivalent post-high school education or experience.
- Computer Science background preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of PC/Mac/Linux related experience.
- Ability to configure workstation/server network interfaces.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, or system administration.
- Familiarity with Autodesk and Adobe products desired.
Please send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com with Systems Engineer Associate (YVR) in the subject