The Production Services Technician (PST) position is a great opportunity for technical individuals with an interest in visual effects and animation to assist in the production of feature films. This group is responsible for managing all data for a particular show, including file backup and retrieval, monitoring of renders and image processes, global data transfers and various troubleshooting tasks.
The PST position is often seen as a stepping stone into the rest of the facility since we have high exposure to all of the different departments during the course of a normal production. Since PSTs are quite intimate with the inner workings of the pipeline, we are prime candidates to move into other departments as well. We currently have PST alumni working in various areas of the company...producers, production managers, technical directors, systems, software, training, rigging, layout and more!
We offer an 8-week summer internship program starting June 24th that exposes you to our studio and offers experience in the following:
- Learn the basics of the Production Services Technician role at Imageworks (https://www.imageworks.com/job-postings/1)
- Take on projects to increase your exposure to Python and Linux
- Receive coaching and practice in public speaking
- Learn the importance of attention to detail skills
- Have opportunities to mix and mingle with a fun team
- Get a chance to jump-start your tech career in the movie industry...graduates of the intern program are often our top-pick candidates to fill our full-time roles
Our daily tasks require that candidates be comfortable navigating around a UNIX/LINUX environment and have some scripting skills (i.e. shell or Python). We also look for new team members that have superior communication skills along with a keen eye for attention to detail and excellent time management.
Must be eligible to work in Canada
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org