Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc., an Academy Award®-winning, state-of-the-art visual effects and character animation company dedicated to the artistry of digital production and character creation, seeks qualified candidates to join its Systems Engineering department as a Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for technical first- and second-level support of 1,000+ users in a dynamic, high-performance visual effects and animation production environment.
Primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Remote administration using JAMF, Apple Remote Desktop and Munki.
- Installation, deployment and maintenance of hardware, operating systems and software. Imaging of Mac desktop and laptop systems.
- Application installation and administration.
- Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation.
- Strong scripting skills (tcsh, bash, python).
- Technical assistance to a wide range of end users in a customer-service oriented organization.
- After hours, holiday and weekend support as scheduled in advance.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to provide thorough written documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer oriented focus.
- The ability to perform at a high caliber and in compliance with Industry Best Practices and Procedures on individual assignments/projects as well as on team assignments/projects.
- Self-guided triage and follow-through skills to best respond to assigned duties.
- A team focused mindset.
Education, Skills & Certifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or in a related field. Significant industry experience may be substituted.
- Seven years of Macintosh Administration and Support Experience in a production environment.
- Experience in supporting mission-critical systems to ensure high availability.
- Experience in a large, heterogeneous computing environment (Mac, Windows and Linux) a plus.
- Extensive networking experience with TCP/IP, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and other directory services, used across local and wide-area/metro-area networks of varying topologies.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and Shotgun a plus.
Please submit a resume and reel link to email@example.com for consideration.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.