Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc., an Academy Award®-winning, state-of-the-art visual effects and character animation company dedicated to the artistry of digital production and character creation, seeks qualified candidates to join its Systems Engineering department as a Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for technical first- and second-level support of 1,000+ users in a dynamic, high-performance visual effects and animation production environment.
Primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Remote administration using JAMF, Apple Remote Desktop and Munki.
- Installation, deployment and maintenance of hardware, operating systems and software. Imaging of Mac desktop and laptop systems.
- Application installation and administration.
- Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation.
- Strong scripting skills (tcsh, bash, python).
- Technical assistance to a wide range of end users in a customer-service oriented organization.
- After hours, holiday and weekend support as scheduled in advance.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to provide thorough written documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer oriented focus.
- The ability to perform at a high caliber and in compliance with Industry Best Practices and Procedures on individual assignments/projects as well as on team assignments/projects.
- Self-guided triage and follow-through skills to best respond to assigned duties.
- A team focused mindset.
Education, Skills & Certifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or in a related field. Significant industry experience may be substituted.
- Seven years of Macintosh Administration and Support Experience in a production environment.
- Experience in supporting mission-critical systems to ensure high availability.
- Experience in a large, heterogeneous computing environment (Mac, Windows and Linux) a plus.
- Extensive networking experience with TCP/IP, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and other directory services, used across local and wide-area/metro-area networks of varying topologies.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and Shotgun a plus.
Please submit a resume and reel link to email@example.com for consideration.