ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
- While this is a paid internship, individuals must provide for their own expenses.
- Interns must be eligible to work in Canada for Sony Pictures Imageworks and we will require you to provide supporting documentation that confirms your eligibility for the duration of the internship. Interns that require a visa and/or work permit to work in Canada are responsible for obtaining them at their own expense. Programs vary by country, please refer to the applicable government website, or work with an immigration advisor to confirm what programs/permits may be available. Please also note that Sony Pictures Imageworks is unable to sponsor Labour Market Impact Assessment (“LMIA”) for intern level positions.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in computer animation, digital arts, computer science or related field.
- Submission must solely be the work of the applicant.
- NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. All inquiries and questions should be directed to: email@example.com
WHAT iCAD INTERNS CAN EXPECT:
- Summer internships are a full-time (40 hours/week) commitment of 8 weeks.
- These are paid internships.
- iCAD Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Interns will require a fairly fast internet setup, you will require a minimum speed of 300Mbps, and also a hard link via ethernet cable to a modem/router. Equipment cannot be connected wirelessly.
- With the changing times, requirements for quarantine may change substantially by the time this begins, at the moment expect to have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival in Vancouver.
- A real-time, hands-on experience working with a professional level in-house training program.
- An opportunity to interact virtually with Imageworks professionals at all levels and from diverse disciplines within the company.
- First-hand experience of the production pipeline and processes of digital animation and effects for live action, CG features, performance capture and/or stereoscopic productions.
- We strive to match the interests of the intern with the activities in production and structure an appropriate internship for each individual.
- Every effort will be made to answer questions from our Interns and help them to pursue their goals. With the understanding that we are in production, Imageworks is eager to maximize the iCAD Internship experience.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR iCAD INTERNS
- Interns must understand that Imageworks is a fully-engaged feature production facility.
- Imageworks is engaged in the creation of digital assets for live action and feature animations.INTERNS SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH COMPUTERS, OPERATING SYSTEMS, NETWORKS, AND CONCEPTS OF 3D GRAPHICS.
- Interns are required to complete the Imageworks computer training coursework using proprietary production software, tools, and methods used in production.
- Interns should be flexible, open, proactive, and willing to seek out opportunities as they arise.
- Interns need to be sensitive to the time constraints of employees. All meetings with artists and production staff will be scheduled through the office of the Internship Supervisor upon request.
- Interns must sign a standard nondisclosure agreement and adhere to all Sony Pictures Entertainment policies.
- Interns will have to sign the iCAD Agreement of Expectations.
The hosts for the iCAD Internships are the iCAD Chair and the iCAD Steering Committee as well as various shows and departments.